UC25A02 Physical Education – I – Semester I – ECE – R-2025

Subject Code & Name: UC25A02 – Physical Education – I

Regulation: R-2025

Semester: I (First Semester)

Branch: B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)

Credits / L-T-P: 1 Credit | L-T-P: 0-0-4

Course Objectives

  • To impart the fundamentals of physical education for development of students’ physical, mental, and social well-being.
  • To instill a lifelong appreciation for physical activity towards the development of positive attitude and fostering values of team work and sportsmanship.

Full Unit-wise Syllabus

Unit I – Introduction to physical education

Exercise for Good Posture – Conditioning and Calisthenics for Before start, Jogging, Bending, Twisting, Standing, Sitting and Relaxation, Training on First Aid practices.

Unit II – Participation of athletic events

Rules and regulations of important athletic events, Sprint, Jumps, Throws and Hurdles.

Unit III – Skill development in outdoor games

Skill development in any one of the following outdoor games: Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Ball Badminton, Football, Hockey, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Cricket, Hand ball and Tennis.

Unit IV – Skill development in indoor games

Skill development in any one of the following indoor games: Shuttle Badminton, Chess and Table Tennis.

Course Outcomes (COs)

CODescription
CO1Understand and explain the importance of physical activity for mental and physical health.
CO2Apply basic principles of exercise science in the routine life.
CO3Develop teamwork, discipline, and leadership through sports and group activities and collaborate effectively.
CO4Demonstrate independent learning in health, nutrition, and fitness-related topics.

Assessment Pattern (Quick Note)

  • Weightage: Continuous Assessment 100%
  • Internal methodology: Attendance (60%), Quiz (10%), Participation in Sports and Games (20%) and Viva Voce (10%)

Source: Official Anna University – B.E. ECE R-2025 Syllabus
Last Updated: September 2026

Comments