UC25A01 Life Skills for Engineers – I – Semester I – CSBS – R-2025

Subject Code & Name: UC25A01 – Life Skills for Engineers – I

Regulation: R-2025

Semester: I (First Semester)

Branch: B.Tech. Computer Science and Business Systems (CSBS)

Credits / L-T-P: 1 Credit | L-T-P: 1-0-2

Course Objectives

  • To equip engineering students with essential life skills encompassing personal and emotional development, effective management of time and stress, financial literacy, digital safety, and civic responsibility.
  • To enhance self-awareness, interpersonal skills, and resilience to prepare students for the professional and personal challenges of engineering careers and life beyond academics.

Full Unit-wise Syllabus

Unit I – Personal and Emotional Development

Self-Awareness & Personality, Emotional Intelligence & Empathy, Positive thinking, Right attitude, Stress & Anger Management, Goal-Setting & Time Management, Growth Mindset & Resilience.

Activities: Personality tests (MBTI, DISC), reflection journals, Empathy circle, role-playing difficult conversations, Guided mindfulness sessions, stress relief toolkit creation, Vision board creation, weekly time audit and planner, Group challenge scenarios, resilience journal.

Unit II – Management Skills

Financial Literacy: Budgeting & Saving, Nutrition, Health, and Hygiene, Digital Literacy & Online Safety, Civic Responsibility & Ethics.

Activities: Create a monthly budget, financial simulation game, Meal planning workshop, physical wellness challenge, Social media audit, privacy and safety scenarios, Community service, values debate.

Course Outcomes (COs)

  • CO1: Understand personality traits and emotional intelligence, in interpersonal interactions.
  • CO2: To work and execute as a team through successful implementation of set goals.
  • CO3: Develop and implement best practices in day-to-day life, in terms of planning and execution.

Assessment Pattern (Quick Note)

  • Weightage: Continuous Assessment 100%
  • Internal methodology: Assignments (20%), Flipped Class & Worksheets (10%), Practical (30%), Internal Examinations (40%)

Source: Official Anna University – B.Tech. Computer Science and Business Systems R-2025 Syllabus
Last Updated: September 2026

Comments