UC25A01 Life Skills for Engineers – I – Semester I – ECE – R-2025

Subject Code & Name: UC25A01 – Life Skills for Engineers – I

Regulation: R-2025

Semester: I (First Semester)

Branch: B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)

Credits / L-T-P: 1 Credit | L-T-P: 1-0-2

Course Objectives

  • To equip engineering students with essential life skills encompassing personal and emotional development, effective management of time and stress, financial literacy, digital safety, and civic responsibility.
  • To enhance self-awareness, interpersonal skills, and resilience to prepare students for the professional and personal challenges of engineering careers and life beyond academics.

Full Unit-wise Syllabus

Unit I – Personal and Emotional Development

Self-Awareness & Personality, Emotional Intelligence & Empathy, Positive thinking, Right attitude, Stress & Anger Management, Goal-Setting & Time Management, Growth Mindset & Resilience.

Activities: Personality tests (MBTI, DISC), reflection journals, Empathy circle, role-playing difficult conversations, Guided mindfulness sessions, stress relief toolkit creation, Vision board creation, weekly time audit and planner, Group challenge scenarios, resilience journal.

Unit II – Management Skills

Financial Literacy: Budgeting & Saving, Nutrition, Health, and Hygiene, Digital Literacy & Online Safety, Civic Responsibility & Ethics.

Activities: Create a monthly budget, financial simulation game, Meal planning workshop, physical wellness challenge, Social media audit, privacy and safety scenarios, Community service, values debate.

Course Outcomes (COs)

CO Description
CO1 Understand personality traits and emotional intelligence, in interpersonal interactions.
CO2 To work and execute as a team through successful implementation of set goals.
CO3 Develop and implement best practices in day-to-day life, in terms of planning and execution.

Assessment Pattern (Quick Note)

  • Weightage: Continuous Assessment 100%
  • Internal methodology: Assignments (20%), Flipped Class & Worksheets (10%), Practical (30%), Internal Examinations (40%)

Source: Official Anna University – B.E. ECE R-2025 Syllabus

Last Updated: September 2026

Comments